The Director Professional Development for the IABC Canberra is responsible for managing professional development activities that contribute to the GCCC professional certification program. This role requires approximately 5-6 hours per month plus attendance at board meetings.
- Identify professional development needs of members and develop relevant policies and activities to enable greater opportunities for members
- serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for Certification, the IABC Academy, and other global professional development activities (e.g. World Conference, and Leadership Institute), as well as local initiatives and events;
- oversee implementation and promotion of Gold Quills
- coordinate professional development workshops/ masterclasses
- central contact for members to support and facilitate access to professional skills training through events and networking.
- Event management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Networking and relationship management
Professional development opportunity
This position offers the opportunity to build a deeper understanding of contemporary communications practice and gain experience in program development, training, and career development techniques. You will help to drive our professional development offering supporting local Canberran communicators to be contemporary professionals.