IABC Welcome Back Drinks
IABC Canberra is delighted to invite members and communication professionals to our first event for 2017 – kicking off an exciting calendar of professional development opportunities this year.
We are pleased to present Pete McConnell, CEO and Founder of Commtract, our supporters for this special event focussed on your career.
Commtract is Australia’s first marketplace for communications and corporate affairs professionals, making it easier than ever to connect communicators to contracts. Formerly a director with Woolworths, and having served as Chief of Staff to premier Barry O’Farrell, McConnell is set to revolutionise the career landscape for business communicators. Peter will speak about:
- The latest trends in the communications and corporate affairs market
- The emergence of the “gig economy” and how organisations are utilising contract and freelance communicators
- The importance of personal branding and building a strong value proposition to clients
This event will be extremely valuable for communications professionals, especially those who are project-based or are seeking a better understanding of the contract market. We look forward to seeing you at the event.
- Commtract is Australia’s first marketplace for communications and corporate affairs professionals.
- We provide our clients access to the best contract and project-based communicators. We provide our talent access to exciting communications work, and make the business of consulting easy.
- In our first 6 months of operation, Commtract has posted over 60 projects and contracts worth over $1 million in value, and have built a network of 300 professional communications or ‘commtractors’.
- Commtract is owned and run by communicators and is committed to building a community through professional development, networking, events and more – including with our friends at the IABC.
The event includes canapes and drinks.
IABC Members: $30, Guests: $50