Crafting and telling the story of your strategy
Join us for an illuminating lunch with Shawn Callahan, one of the world’s leading business storytelling consultants.
It’s a dirty little secret of the business world: between 80 and 95 percent of employees don’t know or understand the strategy. And it occurs regardless of how good the strategy is.
Using industry case studies, Shawn’s presentation will highlight:
- Why communicating strategy fails
- How strategy can be converted into a co-designed story that can be told and retold, so everyone has clarity on what the organisation is trying to achieve
- Identifying and tackling anti-stories that prevent progress.
In this presentation you will learn:
- How to craft a strategy story that is owned by your most important influencers
- What a business story looks and sounds like and how to spot good ones
- Three big mistakes novices make when starting out with story techniques.
Shawn is the author of Putting Stories to Work and is the founder of Anecdote, the world’s largest business storytelling enterprise that operates in over 20 countries in 6 languages. He works around the world helping leaders find and tell their stories so their message is clear and memorable.