It’s the great debate – set to inflame the loyalties of all communication and marketing professionals in Canberra. The debate to end all debates: Marketing vs. Communication.
Is what you do marketing or communication? Are they the same? Is one more important or influential than the other? Which discipline owns your organisation’s brand? Does it matter?
We have a great lineup of champions tackling the big questions – some of the most influential communicators and marketers in Canberra. We’ll be announcing them over the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
UPDATE: Meet the contenders!
In the Communication corner we have:
- David Pembroke: The founder and managing director of contentgroup, former ABC journo and communication adviser to the Australian Olympic Rowing Team and the Wallabies, David is a formidable foe in this great debate.
- Mardi Stewart: The first certified Communication Management Professional in Australia, Mardi’s host of Gold Quill Awards and high-stakes government campaigns make her a quality competitor!
In the marketing corner we have:
- Marina Simoncini: PR and communication specialist Marina comes fully equipped with experience in emotive and challenging communication environments and a Cannes Film Festival Silver Dolphin Award.
- Warren Apps: Partner/director of Canberra’s fastest-growing communication agency, Coordinate, and director of the CBR Brave, Warren’s got talent, ‘tude and an ice hockey team!
And our Chief Wrangler (aka debate adjudicator) is:
- Dr David Marshall AM: Leading media specialist and Director of Talkforce Media and Communication Strategists, David received an Order of Australia (AM) for his work in the tourism, business, health and community sectors.
It’s going to be wonderfully brutal.
And wonderfully educational.
Attendees will leave with a new perspective on the roles of marketing and communication within their organisation, knowledge and skills to bridge the great divide, and ideas on how to approach the scope creep that invariably occurs over time.