Join us as a Board member in 2018
27 Oct 2017
IABC Canberra is seeking passionate, experienced communicators to join its Board for 2018.
Being on the Board is a great opportunity to build your professional skills and networks, and help shape the communication profession in the nation’s capital.
IABC Canberra is Canberra’s leading professional association. We have been operating for over 10 years, offering a series of professional development events and networking opportunities for communicators. We have around 100 members, and stay in contact with 500 professionals.
Joining the IABC Canberra Board provides an opportunity to:
- Help shape the communication profession in the ACT
- Gain non-profit Board experience – understand the organisational dynamics, etiquette and governance of a Board
- Gain perspectives from outside your organisation
- Develop collaborative teamwork skills with a set of accomplished peers
- Build your CV and professional brand
- Broaden your local and global network with leading communicators
To be eligible to nominate, you need to be a current IABC member. The positions and portfolios that are available for nomination include:
- Vice President
- Membership Director
- Communications Director
- Events Director
- Professional Development and Recognition Director
Board nominations close at COB Monday 13th November 2017. The Board will be formally confirmed at our AGM later in November 2017.