The Secretary of the Board provides administration and governance support for the IABC Canberra Board. This role requires approximately 2-3 hours a month in addition to attending board meetings.
- Keep a record of all appointments of office-bearers and members of the Board
- maintain a contact list for all Board Members
- prepare the agenda for the monthly meeting, collate board papers from members and distribute to the Board
- organise the board meeting, finding a venue for face-to-face meetings, setting up an online meeting and distributing the calendar invite
- capturing minutes during the meeting including attendance by members at the Board and any action item. Finalise the minutes and distribute to all members
- maintain appropriate files in relation to board meetings, including complete copies of agendas, minutes, and papers
- monitor the IABC Canberra inbox and ensure any urgent information is actioned by the relevant board member. Clear out and file emails
- serve as Public Officer for the duration of the role and be the primary contact for any ACT Government requests or notification of changes to board membership. Forms and requirements
- complete Annual Return documentation to meet ACT Government requirements for incorporated associations. This must be done within six months of the end of the financial year, or a fee will have to be paid. Work with Treasurer to obtain financial year summary and get this reviewed by an accountant before submitting form.
- Project management
- Records management
- Organisation skills
Professional development opportunity
This position offers an inside look at chapter management. This role provides an opportunity to collaborate with leaders to develop methods and procedures to strengthen the Chapter. This role provides good experience in governance and board management skills.