The Treasurer is responsible for managing and reporting all finances and facilitating finance audits for IABC Canberra and IABC Global. This role requires 2-3 hours per month plus attending board meetings.
- All money due to the association is collected and received, and that all payments authorised by the Association are made
- correct books and accounts are kept showing the financial affairs of the Association, including full details of all receipts and expenditure connected with the activities of the Association
- ensure that Association monies are managed responsibly and in the best interests of members;
- prepare monthly financial reports (in conjunction with accountant or bookkeeper if required)
- handle banking for the Association including maintaining appropriate records regarding such matters as invoicing, payments, reimbursements
- liaise with IABC Finance to meet IABC reporting requirements
- making recommendations to the Board on budgets and associated issues
- coordinate the audit of books annually for IABC International and reporting and financial statements for the annual general meeting.
- Fiscal management
- Project management
Professional development opportunity
This position offers the opportunity to perfect financial planning and management, budgeting and organisational skills, in addition to providing some experience in delegation.