We’re seeking passionate, experienced communicators to join our Board for 2019.
2 Nov 2018
Being on the IABC Canberra Board is a great opportunity to build your professional skills and networks, and help shape the communication profession in the nation’s capital.
We value new board members who have diverse skills to contribute and enjoy working collaboratively with peers. Our 2018 Board is made up of communication leaders from the public and private sector, who specialise in change communication, internal and leadership communications, marketing and digital communications.
IABC Canberra is Canberra’s leading professional association. We have been operating for over 10 years, offering a series of professional development events and networking opportunities for communicators. We have around 100 members, and stay in contact with 500 professionals to share communication trends and best practice.
Joining the IABC Canberra Board provides an opportunity to:
- Help shape the communication profession in the ACT
- Gain non-profit Board experience – understand the organisational dynamics, etiquette and governance of a Board
- Gain perspectives from outside your organisation
- Develop collaborative teamwork skills with a set of accomplished peers
- Build your CV and professional brand
- Broaden your local and global network with leading communicators
To be eligible to nominate, you need to be a current IABCmember. The positions and portfolios that are available for nomination include:
Member Communications Director
Digital Communications Director
Professional Development and Recognition Director
Board nominations close at COB Monday 19 November 2018. The Board will be formally confirmed at our AGM in early December 2018.