2016 IABC World Conference Member’s Scholarship
1 Mar 2016
Do you want to
- visit New Orleans?
- increase your global network?
- learn from world-leading experts in communication, marketing and public relations?
I do! And along with a number of other wonderful local communication professionals, I’m going to the IABC World Conference, 5-8 June 2016.
But if your organisation’s (or your own!) development budget won’t quite go that far, IABC Canberra is making a World Conference scholarship available to one local member. We will pay the standard conference registration fee (US$1540 – worth about AU$2100 by today’s exchange rate) for one lucky member to join the Canberra crew in New Orleans at the IABC World Conference this June.
All you need is to be a current IABC Canberra Chapter member in good standing, and to send us a one-page response to the following questions:
- Why would you like to attend the world conference?
- Have you sought financial support from your employer or elsewhere? Will it be a personal hardship to meet the costs of attending the World Conference?
- Which specific session(s) would you like to attend and how would that apply to a specific challenge you currently face?
- How will you share key learnings with the Chapter when you return?
Include your name, member number, and whether you’ve previously attended the world conference, and email your submission to email@example.com by midnight, 31 March 2016.
And because we know your time is just as important as your budget, you can repurpose your responses to populate the World Conference business case letter: a fill-in-the-blanks template to put your case for professional development funds to the decision-maker in your workplace.
Looking forward to seeing you there!